Univ.-Prof. Dr. Habil Katharina Spraul
Primasenser Straße 65
building 80 , room 417 , 2
Tel.: +49 631 205 5564
Office hours by appointment
Professor Katharina Spraul has been head of the Chair of Sustainability Management in the Department of Business Studies and Economics since September 1, 2013. The professorship, which was initially limited to university pact funds, has been permanent since June 2015 and now officially bears the denomination "Business Administration, in particular Sustainability Management".
In research and teaching, the chair deals with four subject areas: 1. sustainable regulation, i.e. the interaction between state and market, 2. sustainable collaboration between companies and non-profit organisations, for example in the form of strategic partnerships and corporate volunteering, 3. strategic control of sustainable value creation in companies, 4. accountability for corporate sustainability. In this way, the subject area ties in with the guiding principle "Leadership in Global Responsibility" established in 2007 by the Department of Business Studies and Economics.
Prof. Dr. Spraul completed her entire academic education at the University of Mannheim: from 1999 to 2003 she studied business administration. She then began her doctorate as a research assistant on the subject of "Educational return as a target for university management" with Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Peter Eichhorn at the Chair of General Business Administration, Public & Nonprofit Management. The empirical dissertation, completed in 2006, was awarded the Prize for Language and Science. From 2007 to 2013, Prof. Spraul worked as a habilitation student and academic advisor to Prof. Dr. Bernd Helmig at the same chair and expanded the focus of her research and teaching from university research to the entire field of Public & Nonprofit Management as well as corporate sustainability. In 2013 Prof. Spraul habilitated with a cumulative habilitation on accountability in companies, public and nonprofit organizations and received a teaching qualification in business administration.
Prof. Spraul received the Baden-Württemberg certificate for university teaching in 2007. In the same year she implemented - for the first time in Germany - Service Learning in a business administration course. In this teaching method, which originated in the USA, theoretical contents are applied by the students within the framework of non-profit projects and compared with their practical experience in reflection sessions. For the exemplary implementation of Service Learning, Prof. Spraul received the teaching award of the state of Baden-Württemberg worth 40,000 EUR in 2008.
- WS 2016/17, WS 2017/18 Adjunct Faculty Member, Mannheim Business School, University of Mannheim
- WS 2015/16 Lecturer Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences, Center for Doctoral Studies in Business, University of Mannheim
- since 06/2015 University Professor (W3) for Business Administration, in particular Sustainability Management, Technical University of Kaiserslautern
- since 02/2014 Elected member of the Department Council, Department of Business Studies and Economics, Kaiserslautern University of Technology
- since 02/2014 Vice-Chairwoman of the Study and Teaching Expert Committee, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics, Kaiserslautern University of Technology
- since 09/2013 University Professor (W2) for Sustainability Management, Technical University of Kaiserslautern
- 03/2012-08/2014 Lecturer Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
- 07/2010 Research stay at Bryant University, Smithfield, Rhode Island (USA)
- 10/2007-08/2013 Academic Councillor (temporary) and Habilitandin under Prof. Dr. Bernd Helmig
- 06/2007-05/2011 Member of the Advisory Board Public Private Partnership Baden-Württemberg, Ministry of Economics Baden-Württemberg
- 10/2005-09/2007 research assistant at Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Peter Eichhorn
- 09/2005 Research Fellow, ESSEC Business School, Cergy-Pontoise (France)
- 10/2003-10/2005 Researcher and PhD student with Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Peter Eichhorn
- If you want to see the entire curriculum vitae in english please click here.
If you want to see the entire curriculum vitae in english please click here.
Kurt-Schumacher Str. 74A
Tel.: +49 631 205 5510